Saturday 16 April 2022

 Meneer Papier
From September 2020 until February 2021 I had the chance to work in a completely new field of animation: stop-motion ... for the Flemish TV series "Meneer Papier" (Mr. Paper).


It was quite a challenge: in  hand-drawn animation you normally start with the main poses and define the missing animation inbetween bit by bit, but with stop-motion under the camera you start in a linear manner from frame one till the end of a scene. You have to be very cautious of all the elements that need positioning, always keeping the general idea of the movement you want to achieve in the back of your mind... and don't knock the table!



Contrary to the trend at the time, of working from home, I had to go to Dresden. So while the family had to get along at home without me, I spend most of my time in the studio trying to "rescue" the project, that was already behind schedule when I started. Luckily at the end all the hard work paid off and I gained valuable experiences for future projects like this.


No comments:

Post a Comment